Sunday, January 23, 2011

"There's an app for that"

How many times a day do we use apps? I know that I do regularly. I have an app for checking the weather. I have an for facebook. I have an app for the latest gadget update. Just about anything that interests you, there is an app that correlates to it.

Applications are one of the reasons why it is easier and easier for me to not use the web as often as I used to. Since I receive emails on my phone, I now spend even less time on the web. The information age is changing. This new form of technology is evolving rapidly.

The streamlined convenience of apps make it quite easy to use them instead of the web. Each app normally has a specific purpose for something we want to do. This makes it really simple for me to click the app and get my information, instead of loading up a browser and searching for something. This convenience is key in our on-the-go society, we want information, and we want it yesterday.

The invention of the "smartphone" has revolutionized how we obtain data on a daily basis. Apps have completely changed how the internet is used, and I think for the better. Sure, I love the web, and I want it to stick around. I still use Google daily to find information, but the idea of having specific applications that get the job done quickly and effectively is amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment